in desperation i took some of my old prescription pain killers and i feel a lot better but also like i’ll fall asleep any moment. all in all better than this awful pain.
it sounded like there was an angry duck outside my window but i checked and it was an angry chihuahua instead
i’m in so much pain i feel like i’m on the verge of crying and i haven’t done that since last year. (crying because of pain that is.) i almost can’t move my right leg. and nobody would give up their seat on public transport so i had to stand up for about 25 minutes which was absolutely horrible.
i’m making chili today - i just started it so it can cook for a while and then sit so i can eat it later. with guacamole! nom. i’ve been wanting to make this for a while.
and i wish i could go running. i actually love to run but i haven’t been able to do it properly since before last autumn when my legs started to completely fuck up. i really hope they’ll get better in time for spring so i can start again… i feel so restless recently.
also i have this incredible need to get tattooed. i haven’t done it since march? it’s too long. and i can’t do it while my body is focused on healing because it’ll be too much. so i have to wait a while longer.
self-care suggestions beyond “have a bath”
- collect flowers for pressing
- plan a trip in great detail
- memorise a poem
- find and record sounds you love
- customise a piece of clothing
- read a book you loved from childhood
- have someone do your hair/paint your nails
- climb a tree (and spend some time there)
- find a free local event to go to
- visit an animal shelter
- try to recreate a great meal you once had
- record a fond memory
- do something you think you can’t do
- listen to an audio book
- draw something or just use a colouring book
- eat ice-cream
- mend socks or do embroidery
- take a long walk with/without headphones
- find an animal to cuddle with
- make a phone call to a relative, like a grandparent, that maybe you don’t usually call
The only person who’ve given up their seat on the full packed trams for me to sit was an old lady. And I’ve been on three trams and two buses to leave atlas at daycare and get home. I wasn’t sure I’d make it there even by bus with crutches because I’m in so much pain today and I almost can’t use my right leg for support at all.
Q:Read what? I'm mobile, I tried looking through your blog to find an answer before I even asked but its not fun just continuously scrolling..
I don’t know if you got it but I sent a link to my FAQ. You can also look at my FAQ tag to get to that post and also /tagged/fucking+legs because there I’ll explain it several times. But basically my immune system is over active and is therefore destroying various parts of my body, right now making wounds on my legs that are near impossible to heal because I won’t produce any more skin.